So for the last 4 weeks its been adoption talk, at dinner, at bed time, at work, on my cell, everywhere. This week there’s a little lull in the action because we’re waiting to hear from our social worker at CHS to set up an appointment to go over paperwork. Normally in my every day life this would be torture, because then I wouldn’t have anything to do but wait, HOWEVER, my absolute favorite friend from college is visiting me for an entire week…without her two kids! YIPPEE! So our days have been filled with catching up, grocery shopping, tv watching, and facebook. Its been great.
I’ll tell you why Jaci is one of my favorites:
1. She thinks I’m funny, and laughs at nearly everything I say, this is great because I love making people laugh.
2. She’s a mother, and I admire mother’s. She has a 3 year old, and a 19 month old, THAT is hard work.
3. She’s a good listener & gives great advice.
4. She is a no drama kind of girl, this is important to me because I loathe drama and don’t want to be involved in it at all.
5. She is genuine. This is a hard and valuable character trait to find in a friend…I advise anyone who has found a friend with this character trait to clamp on with both hands and DO NOT LET GO.
Basically she’s a treasure. Someone who knows the good parts of me and the bad parts of me, and still loves me. She’s going to be a huge asset to me through this whole process and a source of great advice.
So we’re still waiting at this point to move on to the next big step in this process…the Home Study. We’re scrimping and saving every last dime to foot the bill for it, so really we can’t start it until we have that cash flow in the bank. What we can start is the application and getting some of the paperwork together for it. I find myself noticing African American children more…and one of my biggest concerns is…How the heck am I going to take care of their hair???? I don’t know the first thing about it, what to put in it or how to braid it even, and I most certainly don’t know how to do corn rows! Guess that’s what You Tube is for. HA! Continue to pray the process will move forward and that our saving every penny will pay off (literally). We believe this is what we’re supposed to be doing, and we believe this is how we’re supposed to start to build our family.
Proverbs 4:23-27 says:
Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Avoid all perverse talk; stay away from corrupt speech. Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path. Don’t get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil.